- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1ml salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup oil
- 5ml vanilla essence
1. Sift the flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt together in one bowl.
2. Mix the hot water and cocoa in a separate bowl.
3. Add the beaten eggs and oil to the cocoa mixture and beat with an electric beater. Don’t overbeat the mixture, otherwise the cake will have a tough texture.
4. Add the vanilla essence to the cocoa mixture and mix.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the cocoa mixture and beat with an electric beater.
6. Spray a microwave cake pan with cooking spray and line the pan with baking paper.
7. Pour the cake mixture into the pan. Bake on high for 7 minutes.
8. Let the cake cool slightly, turn it out of the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool further.
9. Spread the cake with Nestlé Caramel Treat or Nestlé Chocolate Treat.
TIP: Instead of spreading with caramel or chocolate, serve with ice cream – or do both!