She was on our TV screens for 16 years, but after an MBA and a stint in the corporate world Prim Reddy followed her heart – and her passion for food – and opened a restaurant, The Indian Chapter with Prim Reddy (theindianchapter.co.za), in Bloubergstrand, Cape Town
- 1 cup semolina
- 1½ cups gram flour
- ½ cup mealie meal
- 1 cup full-cream milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 can cream-style sweetcorn
- 500g sweetcorn
- 5 green chillies, chopped
- 2 medium onions, liquidised
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- pinch of salt
- handful of chopped
- coriander and chutney, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the semolina, gram flour and mealie meal with the milk, oil and baking powder.
3. Add the can of cream-style sweetcorn to the mix, followed by the sweetcorn, green chillies, onions, mustard seeds and salt.
4. Fold ingredients to ensure balance. Place in a greased brownie tray and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
5. When done, take a small round mould to cut out circles of lagan or slice into squares.
Garnish with coriander and serve with your choice of chutney.