- 160g butternut
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 56g Gorgonzola or Blue Rock cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 250g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g cream cheese
- 35g pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a mini-muffin tray.
2. Slice the butternut into approximately 0,5cm x 0,5cm cubes, place in a small roasting dish and toss with the olive oil and sugar. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until softened and the sugar has started to caramelise around the edges. Leave to cool.
3. For the muffin mixture, melt the butter in the microwave and add to the cheese, stirring to combine.
4. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and the milk, add the butter and cheese mixture, then fold in the cooled butternut.
5. Add flour, baking powder and salt to the wet mixture and stir until well combined.
6. Spoon the batter into a mini-muffin tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
7. Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan over a medium heat until they just start to brown; move them around in the pan so they don’t burn.
8. Allow the muffins to cool, then top with dollops of cream cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds.