- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g chicken mince
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 600g fresh, canned or marinated artichokes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 430g rotini
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Put water on to boil in a medium to large pot. Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- ln a 30cm frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium-high. Add chicken, half of garlic and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is browned, stirring and breaking up chicken with a spoon. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
- ln the same pan, heat remaining oil on medium. Add artichokes, ¼ of the mint and remaining garlic. Cover and cook until the artichokes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water in pot. Cook for 1 minute less than minimum time on instructions, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add Parmesan, the reserved chicken, artichokes, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper and remaining mint to pot. Cook on medium for 2 minutes or until pasta is al dente and coated, tossing. If mixture is dry, toss with additional cooking water.
Each serving: About 1 930kJ, 29g protein, 52g carbohydrate, 17g total fat (4g saturated), 14g fibre, 69mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter