FOR THE BURGERS
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 fat garlic clove
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 600g lamb mince
- finely grated zest of 1⁄2 an orange
- 50g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 1⁄2 tsp to
- 1 tsp harissa paste, to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- large handful watercress
- 4 flour tortillas or wraps
1. In a pestle and mortar, pound the cumin, coriander, garlic and plenty of seasoning until fairly smooth. Scrape into a large bowl and stir in the lamb mince, orange zest and apricots. Divide mixture equally into four and shape each portion into a flattened patty.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook for 15 to 18 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the yoghurt, harissa paste, mint and some seasoning. Serve the burgers and watercress wrapped in the tortillas or wraps, drizzled with harissa sauce.
EACH SERVING About 2 050kJ, 22g fat (10g saturated), 40g carbohydrate (8g total sugars).