- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 200g red lentils, washed
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 250g spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- boiling water, if needed
- 50g skin-on almonds, chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sheets phyllo pastry, each measuring about 31cm x 38cm
1. Heat half the oil in a large pan over a low heat and gently fry the onion for 10 minutes. Add the harissa paste and fry for 1 minute more. Stir in the lentils and stock, bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes until the lentils are tender and the stock has been absorbed.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C. Add spinach to the cooked lentils and stir through to wilt. (Add boiling water if needed.) Stir through almonds, feta and coriander. Season and tip into an ovenproof dish with a capacity of about 1,8l.
3. Use the remaining oil to brush the top of each phyllo sheet, then loosely scrunch up sheets and arrange on top. Cook in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until pastry is golden. Serve with a green salad.
EACH SERVING About 2 050kJ, 22g fat (5g saturated), 51g carbohydrate (5g total sugars), 23g protein, 5g fibre.