- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1 can (410g) diced tomatoes
- 450ml chicken stock
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large (450g) sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 340g baby marrows, thickly sliced
- 1 cup whole-grain couscous
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- salt and black pepper to season
- In a large pan, heat oil on medium. Add onion and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, curry powder, cumin and allspice. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, stock, chickpeas and sweet potato. Cover and heat to boiling on medium-high. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the baby marrows and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Season to taste. Makes about 6¼ cups.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to instructions on label.
- Stir mint into the stew. Spoon the stew over couscous to serve.
EACH SERVING About 1 507kJ, 14g protein, 70g carbohydrate, 5g total fat (1g saturated),12g ﬁbre, 0mg cholesterol, 670mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter