This versatile radio and TV presenter, and very busy emcee, embraces any opportunity for growth and has completed one of the world’s toughest canoe challenges, the Dusi Canoe Marathon – twice!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- (melt and cool to room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup baby marrows,
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup milk-chocolate chips (or use dark- or white-chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugars and coconut oil. Mix until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract, and mix. Add baby marrows and mix until combined. Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
- Take 2 tbsp of cookie dough, roll into a ball and repeat. Place each one about 5cm apart on the baking sheet and press with a fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool completely on wire racks before serving