- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- 1 to 2 tots (50ml to 100ml) butter
- ½ tot (1 tsp) chopped parsley
- 6 soft hamburger rolls plain cream cheese
- 6 portobello mushrooms feta cheese
This is a perfect braai solution for vegetarians.
Braai temperature medium to hot coals
- Mix the garlic and butter. Mix in parsley.
- Slice the rolls and spread cream cheese onto the bottom half of each roll.
- Braai the mushrooms on medium to hot coals until nicely browned and fairly soft, for a total of about 6 to 8 minutes. For the first 3 minutes, braai them right-side up (with the black side facing downwards). Then flip them upside down (with the white side facing downwards), scoop a bit of garlic butter into each cup and braai until soft. They turn quite easily and if you’re gentle they won’t fall apart, so either an open or hinged grid is fine.
- Put one mushroom on each prepared roll and crumble feta cheese over.
- The burgers can be eaten immediately. Juices from the mushrooms will seep into the roll as you eat
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter