- salt and pepper
- 450g brown or portabellini mushrooms
- 3 tbsp margarine or butter
- 450g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1,5cm chunks
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 450g farfalle
- 1 cup dry Marsala wine
1. Put water on to boil in a medium to large pot. Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Trim and thinly slice mushrooms.
2. ln a 30cm frying pan, heat margarine or butter on medium-high for 2 minutes or until melted and foaming. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add chicken to pan in a single layer. Cook for 4 minutes or until browned, stirring once. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate. Add shallots; cook for 1 minute, stirring.
3. Add pasta to boiling water in pot; cook for 2 minutes less than minimum time on instructions, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, add the mushrooms and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until just tender, stirring. Add Marsala, scraping up browned bits. Heat to boiling. Boil for 3 minutes. Return chicken and any juices to pan; cook for 2 minutes or until chicken turns opaque throughout, stirring occasionally.
5. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add chicken mixture; cook on medium for 2 minutes or until pasta is al dente, tossing and stirring.
- sout en peper
- 450 g bruin of portabellinisampioene
- 3 e margarien of botter
- 450 g ontbeende, ontvelde hoenderdye, in stukkies van 1,5 cm gekap
- 2 groot salotte, fyngekap
- 450 g farfalle
- 1 koppie droë marsala-wyn