- 200g risotto rice, such as Arborio or Carnaroli
- 100g quinoa
- 1,1 litres vegetable stock
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g packet portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- large handful rocket
- Parmesan shavings, optional, to serve
- Put rice and quinoa in a large pot. Add stock and bring mixture to the boil. Turn down heat to a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes or until tender and thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a separate large frying pan and gently cook onion for 10 minutes or until soft. Turn up heat to high and add mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until tender and any moisture has evaporated. Add thyme leaves, garlic and some seasoning. Cook for 1 more minute. Take off heat and set aside.
- When rice mixture is ready, stir through mushroom mixture and most of rocket. Check seasoning. Divide among four bowls and garnish with remaining rocket. If you like, top with Parmesan shavings. Serve immediately.
Each serving About 1 440kJ, 8g fat (4g saturated), 61g carbohydrate (4g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter