- 1 tbsp oil
- 340g skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 cups sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup apple-cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 230g rice noodles or Chinese egg noodles, cooked
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add 340g skinless, boneless chicken breast, thinly sliced, 3 cups sliced red cabbage, 1 cup grated carrots and 2 cloves garlic, chopped.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Whisk together 1/4 cup each apple-cider vinegar, peanut butter (or other nut butter), soya sauce and chicken stock, and add to frying pan along with 230g rice noodles or Chinese egg noodles, cooked.
- Serve topped with chopped peanuts and coriander leaves.
EACH SERVING About 2 180kJ, 28g protein, 61g carbohydrate, 19g fat (3g saturated), 3g fibre, 1040mg sodium.
Q: ‘I can’t eat peanuts. Sauce alternative?’
A: Whisk together 1/4 cup fish sauce, 1/4 cup lime juice, 1 crushed garlic clove and 1 tbsp brown sugar. Use it on grilled meats, coleslaw and other salads.