- 300g dried penne
- 250g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 50ml white wine
- 410g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 to 1 red chilli, to taste, deseeded and finely chopped
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to instructions on the packet. Add broccoli for the final 1 minute of cooking. Drain.
2. Return the empty pot to the heat, add the oil and sizzle the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the wine and bubble for 1 minute, then return the drained pasta mixture to the pot along with the beans and chilli. Reheat until piping hot.
3. Stir through the zest and nuts, and season to taste. Divide among four bowls and serve immediately.
EACH SERVING About 2 140kJ, 19g fat (2g saturated), 70g carbohydrate (5g total sugars), 18g protein, 8g fibre.