- 1 navel orange
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 450g beef fillet, trimmed of fat and thinly sliced
- 3 tsp canola oil
- 2 red and/or orange peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 packet (250g) Tastic Simply Delicious Ready To Eat brown rice
1. From the orange, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1⁄3 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine orange zest and juice with sherry, soya sauce and cornflour. Add beef and toss to coat; set aside.
2. In a 30cm frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon oil on medium- high until hot. Add peppers and 2 tablespoons water, and cook for 5 minutes or until peppers are tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to a medium bowl.
3. In the same frying pan, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil on high. With a slotted spoon, transfer half of beef to frying pan, reserving orange-juice mixture. Cook beef for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Transfer beef to bowl with peppers. Repeat with remaining beef.
4. Add 1⁄4 cup water, then reserved orange-juice mixture, to frying pan; heat to boiling. Boil for 1 minute. Meanwhile, prepare rice as label instructs.
5. To serve, toss beef and peppers with orange sauce. Serve beef and pepper stir-fry over rice.
EACH SERVING About 1 470kJ, 32g protein, 28g carbohydrate, 12g total fat (3g saturated), 3g fibre, 50mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium.