- 2 pita breads
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oranges
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 25g roasted hazelnuts
- 150g rocket, spinach and watercress mix
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, stoned and sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut pitas into 4cm-wide strips, then pull each strip apart into 2 thin halves. Toss with 1 tbsp of the oil and season.
- Lay strips out on a nonstick baking tray and toast in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally for an even tone. Set aside.
- Finely grate the zest of 1 orange into a jug. Slice off remaining peel and pith, then cut between the membranes to release segments. Put segments into a bowl, squeezing any remaining juice from membranes into the zest jug.
- Peel second orange, remove pith, cut between membranes and add segments to bowl. Squeeze remaining juice from the membranes into the zest jug; whisk in mustard, remaining olive oil and some seasoning. Roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- In a serving bowl, gently toss together the salad leaves, avocado, orange segments, chopped hazelnuts, pita pieces and dressing. Serve immediately.
EACH SERVING 1 155kJ, 20g fat (3g saturated), 20g carbohydrate (6g total sugars).
Get Ahead: Prepare to the end of step 4 up to a day ahead. Store pita pieces in an airtight container at room temperature. Cover orange segments and dressing, and chill. Keep nuts covered at room temperature. Finish the recipe to serve.