- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup wholewheat flour
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ⅓ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup finely chopped dried pear
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp sea-salt flakes
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup malt syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease a 20cm x 30cm baking pan and line with baking paper, with 5cm overlapping the edges.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Place coconut oil and syrup in a small pot and cook over a medium-high heat, stirring regularly until coconut oil has melted. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine – use hands if necessary. Spoon mixture into pan, pressing down firmly with spatula or spoon. Sprinkle with 2 tsp coconut.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. Turn off oven and leave for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Lift entire sheet out of pan onto a wire rack. Allow to cool, then slice into slices. Makes 15.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter