- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 skinless chicken-thigh fillets, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric or large pinch saffron
- 100g red peppers, deseeded and chopped into 2cm cubes
- 300g risotto or paella rice
- 1 litre chicken stock
- small handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for 10minutes until softened. Add the chicken and fry for 3minutes over a high heat until it starts to colour. Stir in the garlic, paprika and turmeric or saffron and red peppers, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the rice to the pan, then pour over the stock and leave it to simmer gently for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender and cooked through. Serve immediately.
EACH SERVING 1764kJ, 8g fat (2g saturated), 71g carbohydrates (4g total sugars).