- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 375g pasta shells
- 450g frozen peas
- 140g goats’-milk cheese
- Softened1/2 cup of cooking water
- Put water on to boil in a medium to large pot. Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- In a 20cm to 25cm frying pan, combine walnuts, garlic and oil. Cook on medium until golden and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Stir in ⅛ teaspoon each of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add pasta to boiling water in pot. Cook for1 minute less than minimum time on instructions, stirring occasionally. Add peas; cook for 1 minute longer. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and peas; return to pot. Add goats’ milk cheese, 1/2 cup of cooking water,1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.If mixture is dry, toss with additional cooking water. To serve, top with garlic and walnut mixture.
Each Serving About 1 805kJ, 20g protein, 59g carbohydrate, 15g total fat (5g saturated), 9g fibre, 13mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter