- 8 bags peach-flavoured tea
- 2 bags black or English breakfast tea
- 20 thin slices fresh ginger, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup whisky
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Mint, for garnish
1. In a small pot, heat 4 cups water to simmering on high. Remove from heat. Add peach-flavoured tea bags; steep for 5 minutes. Add black tea bags; steep for 5 minutes. Remove all tea bags, pressing to squeeze out tea. Discard bags. Transfer tea to a medium jug. Add 4 cups cold water; refrigerate until cold (about 4 hours).
2. Meanwhile, in the same pot, combine ginger, sugar and 2/3 cup water; heat to simmering on medium. Reduce heat to maintain simmer; simmer for 15 minutes. Strain out and discard ginger. Refrigerate syrup until cold.
3. Stir cold ginger syrup into tea along with whisky and lemon juice. Serve over ice; garnish with mint.
EACH SERVING: About 550kJ, 18g carbohydrate, 5mg sodium.