- 1 recipe Pie Dough (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 900g ripe peaches (about
- 7 to 8 large), peeled, pitted
- and chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- PIE DOUGH In a food processor, pulse 1½ cups cake flour and ¼ tsp salt. Add 4 tbsp cold butter, cut up; pulse until fine crumbs form. Add another 5 tbsp cold butter, cut up; pulse until coarse crumbs form. Pulse in 5 tbsp ice water, 1 tbsp at a time, until dough holds together when squeezed. On a work surface, knead gently until dough comes together. Form into flattened disc; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough out into a 35cm circle. Transfer to a 22cm pie plate. Trim overhang to 1,5cm; tuck overhang under and crimp to form raised edge. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make crumb topping: place a foil-lined rimmed baking tray in oven and preheat to 220°C. In a medium bowl, with hands, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, pecans, lemon zest and salt. Add butter and squeeze to form small clumps. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Reduce oven temperature to 190°C. Make filling: in a large bowl, combine ingredients for filling. Add to chilled pie dough, spreading in an even layer. Place pie on preheated baking tray and bake for 35 minutes. Sprinkle crumb topping over filling. Bake for another 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown.
- Cool pie on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter