- 350g dried penne pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried origanum
- 120g can boneless and skinless sardine fillets, drained
- 50g black olives, pitted small handful curly parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well, reserving a cupful of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion for 10 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the tomatoes and
- origanum, then bring mixture to the boil and
- simmer for 15 minutes until thickened. Stir in the sardines and olives – the stirring should help break up the fish slightly.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss well to combine. Add a little of the reserved pasta water if the mixture looks too dry. Check the seasoning, then divide among four bowls and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
EACH SERVING 1 793kJ, 9g fats (2g saturated), 72g carbohydrates (7g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter