- (makes 1,5kg shortbread dough)
- 250g sugar
- 750g flour
- 500g cold butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1kg strawberries
- 100g caster sugar
- 500ml mascarpone
- 100g icing sugar, to dust
1. Combine the sugar and flour in a large
mixing bowl. Rub in the butter by hand
until it resembles coarse yellow meal.
2. Add the egg yolk to bring the mixture
3. Turn the dough onto a floured
surface and gently knead into a smooth
ball. Be careful not to overwork it.
4. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and
leave in the fridge for 20 minutes before
5. Roll out the dough and press into 25
tartlet moulds, each 4cm in diameter.
6. Bake at 150°C for 20 minutes until
golden brown and crisp. Remove from
the oven and leave to cool.
7. Wash and hull the berries, then cut
in half lengthways. Just before serving,
add a scoop of mascarpone to each
8. Toss the strawberries in caster sugar
and place a few in each of the tartlet
cases. Dust the tartlets with icing sugar