- 12 hard-boiled large eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise in half
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mature Cheddar cheese
- 120g canned pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- Paprika, for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, mash egg yolks, mayonnaise, hot sauce and 1/4 tsp salt until almost smooth.
2. Fold in Cheddar, pimientos and spring onion. Spoon into egg whites.
3. Garnish with paprika. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered with cling film, for up to 1 day.
EACH SERVING: About 590kJ, 8g protein, 1g carbohydrate, 11g fat (3g saturated), 195mg sodium.