- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, slightly bruised with the side of a knife
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large navel oranges
- 450g fresh pineapple chunks
- 450g large seedless grapes, halved
- 1,5 cups pomegranate seeds
1. In a small pot, combine the sugar, rosemary, vanilla, a pinch of salt and . cup water. Heat on mediumhigh just until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
2. With a sharp paring knife, cut the tops and bottoms off the oranges, then cut off the peel. Working over a large bowl, cut segments out of the oranges into the bowl, discarding the membranes. Add the pineapple, grapes, pomegranate seeds and rosemary syrup to the bowl with the oranges and toss until combined. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
EACH SERVING: About 670kJ, 2g protein, 40g carbohydrate, 4g fibre.