- 350g bread flour, plus extra to dust
- 10g sachet instant dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml warm water
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin oil, plus extra to brush
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 125g piece chorizo, cut into
- 1cm slices
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 50g pitted black olives
- 1 tbsp dried origanum
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 125g ball mozzarella cheese, finely chopped
1. In a large bowl, mix flour, yeast and salt. In one go, add oil and water, and mix to a soft, nonsticky dough.
2. On a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic. Cover with bowl and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan and cook onion until softened. Set heat on medium, and add chorizo and peppers. Fry for 5 minutes, then stir in olives, origanum, purée and all tomatoes. Season. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thick. Check seasoning. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 20cm round springform or loosebottomed cake tin. Roll out ⅔ of the dough on a lightly floured surface. Use to line base and sides of the tin, leaving 2,5cm hanging over the sides. Stir cheese into filling and pile into tin. Level.
5. Roll out remaining dough to make a circle just larger than 20cm. Brush top edge of overhanging dough with a little oil, then lay circle over the filling. Crimp edges tightly to seal, lifting them up so they’re within the tin’s sides. Brush top with oil.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
EACH SERVING About 1 820kJ, 17g protein, 17g fat (6g saturated), 51g carbohydrate (9g total sugars), 6g fibre.