- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten plus extra to brush
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 3 slices shaved ham, halved
- Preheat oven to 220°C and grease a springform tin. Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and add milk, butter and egg, and mix to a soft, sticky dough.
- Place on a lightly floured surface, knead gently and roll out into a 25cm x 40cm rectangle about 0,5cm thick.
- Spread tomato paste lengthwise over of ⅔ dough, sprinkle cheese over and top with ham. Roll up to enclose filling and brush long edge with egg.
- Cut into 8 slices. Arrange in prepared tin cut-side up. Brush with egg and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until hollow when tapped. Allow to cool, then refrigerate or freeze. Makes 8.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter