- 75g treacle or caramel sugar
- 7 to 9 large, firm plums, roughly 500g in total, halved, stones removed
- 100g marzipan paste
- 400g ready-rolled puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Sprinkle sugar in an even layer in the base of a 23cm round, fixed-base cake tin that is at least 5cm deep. Arrange the plums on top of the sugar, cut-side down.
- Roll out the marzipan to around slightly smaller than the cake tin and place it on top of the plums.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet alittle bigger than the size of the cake tin. Place the cake tin on top of the pastry and use it as aguide to cut out around. Lay the pastry round over the plums and tuck the edges down around the fruit. Make a small cross in the top of the pastry to let the steam escape during baking.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden and the plums tender. Loosen the edges of the tart, then turn out onto a plate and serve.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter