- 750ml strong vegetable stock
- 175g fine polenta (dry)
- 40g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 75g tomato purée
- 11⁄2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 11⁄2 tsp dried origanum
- 1 tbsp water
- 125g ball buffalo mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 200g vegetable antipasti
- large handful rocket leaves, to garnish
- . Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper. Pour stock into a large pot, bring to the boil and stir in the polenta. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring continuously (be careful, as it may bubble volcanically!), until the mixture thickens. Stir in the Parmesan and lots of seasoning, then tip onto the prepared tray and spread to make a 30cm-wide circle. Leave to cool while you prepare the toppings.
- In a small bowl, stir together the tomato purée, oil and origanum with 1 tablespoon water to make a smooth sauce. Spread evenly over the polenta base, leaving a 2cm border
- Scatter over mozzarella and antipasti, and cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and golden. Scatter over the rocket, cut into wedges and serve.
EACH SERVING 1 500kJ, 16g fat (7g saturated), 37g carbohydrate (5g total sugars), 15g protein, 2g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter