- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemon-grass stalk, roughly chopped
- handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 500g pork mince
- 50g caster sugar
- 1½ tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 5cm cucumber, finely diced
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Put spring onions, garlic, lemon grass, coriander, soy sauce and some seasoning in a food processor. Whizz until finely chopped, then add mince and whizz again to combine.
- Shape mixture into about 24 walnut-size balls and arrange on the lined tray. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes until golden and cook through – any juices can be poured over the meatballs when you serve.
- Meanwhile, put the sugar, vinegar, chilli and 3 tbsp water in a small pan. Heat gently to dissolve sugar, then turn up the heat and bubble for 1 minute. Take off the heat and stir in the cucumber and sesame oil. Empty the sauce into a small serving bowl.
- Serve meatballs with the sauce, boiled rice and seasonal vegetables.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter