- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 425g pork fillet
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp light-brown soft sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 300g bag dried rice noodles
- 70g Asian baby leaf salad
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- large handful fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat and brown the whole fillet (about 5 minutes). Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a board, cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make dressing by whisking together lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and most of chilli – adjust to taste. Microwave noodles according to pack instructions. (Alternatively, cover noodles with boiling water for 1 minute, then drain.)
- Slice pork on the diagonal into 1cm-thick slices – add any pork juices to the dressing. (Check the seasoning.)
- Put salad on a large platter and toss through pork, noodles and dressing. Sprinkle over the spring onions, coriander and remaining chilli. Serve.
Each serving About 1 990kJ, 13g fat (4g saturated), 46g carbohydrate (3g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter