- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Napolitana sauce
- 4 thick slices of fresh salted mozzarella
- 4 tbsp panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Sautéed kale and sliced baguette
- On a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, place 4 large portobello mushroom caps smooth sides down; spray with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Bake at 230°C for 10 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4 cup Napolitana sauce into each cap; top each with a thick slice of fresh salted mozzarella, then 1 tbsp panko (Japanese breadcrumbs). Spray all over with nonstick spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes longer or until cheese has melted and mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan.
- Serve with sautéed kale and sliced baguette. Serves 4.
EACH SERVING: About 1 655kJ, 22g protein, 30g carbohydrate, 24g fat (11g saturated), 6g fibre, 690mg sodium.
PERFECT PAIRING: Go Italian! Try Pinot Grigio, or branch out with Prosecco, a fuller-bodied white.