- 400g white crab meat (canned or defrosted is fine, and so is shrimp)
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives, plus extra for garnishing
- few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- zest and juice of 1 lemon plus lemon wedges for serving
- 500g unsalted butter
- few gratings fresh nutmeg
- In a medium bowl, mix the crab, chilli, chives, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon zest and juice. Check the seasoning. Divide equally among eight ramekins.
- Melt butter in a small pan. Remove from heat, then spoon off and discard any surface scum. Pour the clear butter over the crab mixture, dividing equally among the ramekins, and discard the milky whey in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle nutmeg and the extra chives over each ramekin. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Take ramekins out of fridge 10 minutes before serving. Serve with slices of bread or Melba toast and lemon wedges.
Each Serving About 2 633kJ, 65g fat (42g saturated), 1g carbohydrate (1g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter