- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 3 cloves garlic
- 450g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 can (800g) chopped tomatoes
- 450g peeled and deveined medium prawns (13 to 15)
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
1. Heat a large covered pot of salted water to boiling on high.
2. While water heats, core and thinly slice fennel; reserve fronds for garnish. Thinly slice garlic.
3. Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook for 2 minutes less than label instructs.
4. Meanwhile, in a 30cm frying pan, heat oil on medium-high. Add fennel, garlic, sugar, chilli flakes and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Stir well, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until tender and brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add prawns to spaghetti in boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes with pasta.
6. Drain spaghetti and prawns, and return to pot. Add tomato mixture, peas and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Toss on medium-low for 2 minutes or until well mixed. Garnish with fennel fronds.
Each Serving About 2 020kJ, 26g protein, 77g carbohydrate, 7g total fat (1g saturated), 9g fibre, 95mg cholesterol.