- 300g cooked, peeled jumbo prawns juice of 3 limes
- 2 mealies
- 2 avocados, roughly chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cos-heart lettuce, finely chopped large handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste Tabasco to taste, optional
- In a medium nonmetallic bowl, stir together prawns and lime juice. Leave to marinate for up to 5 hours in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a high heat and add the mealies, turning them occasionally to let them cook – you want them to brown and soften. Once they are golden in colour and charred in places, remove from the heat and carefully cut the corn off the mealies.
- Put corn into a large bowl and stir through avocado, tomatoes, chilli, lettuce and most of the coriander. Stir in the prawns and most of the lime juice. Season to taste, adding some Tabasco if you want more heat.
GET AHEAD Marinate prawns up to a day ahead. Make recipe without lettuce up to 1 hour ahead and chill. Add lettuce before serving.
Each Serving About 775kJ, 11g fat (2g saturated), 7g carbohydrate (3g total sugars), 14g protein, 4g fibre.