- 340g medium prawns, cooked and peeled
- ½ cup basil pesto
- ¼ to ½ cup pickled jalapeños, drained and finely chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups cos lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mealie kernels (from 1 mealie)
- 1 small orange pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 4 pita breads, cut in half
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a medium bowl, toss prawns with pesto.
- In a large bowl, mix jalapeños and sour cream. Add lettuce, mealie, pepper, tomato and coriander. Toss until well coated.
- Open each pita pocket. Divide prawn and vegetable mixtures among them.
- Top with feta and garnish with coriander. Serve immediately.
EACH SERVING About 1 680kJ, 33g protein, 49g carbohydrate, 8g total fat (3g saturated), 3g fibre, 188mg cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter