- 12 large eggs
- 1 lemon
- 3 sprigs fresh dill, leaves chopped, stems reserved
- 300g large prawns (about 24), shelled and deveined
- 300g potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1cm chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 340g sugar snap peas, strings removed, cut in halves at an angle
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion (from 1 small onion)
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a 4-litre pot, place eggs and enough cold water to cover by 2cm. Heat to boiling on high; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a colander. Rinse eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle; peel and cut in quarters. Set aside 12 quarters for garnish.
- From lemon, squeeze 3 tablespoons juice and reserve. To same pot of water, add lemon rind and dill stems; heat to boiling on high. Add prawns, reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook for 3 minutes or until prawns just turn opaque throughout. Drain, rinse under cold water until cool and drain again. Discard lemon rind and dill sprigs.
- In the same pot, place potatoes and enough cold water to cover. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Heat to boiling on high, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until just tender; drain well.
- While potatoes cook, heat a 3-litre pot of water to boiling on high. Add sugar snap peas and frozen peas. Cook for 2 minutes or until bright green; drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yoghurt, mustard, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add hot potatoes, onion, celery, prawns, eggs and half of the chopped dill. Fold gently until well combined.
- In another large bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, remaining lemon juice and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; add all peas and remaining dill. Toss until well coated.
- Spoon prawn salad into centre of serving platter, then spoon pea mixture all around. Garnish with reserved egg quarters and serve immediately.
Each serving About 1 570kJ, 26g protein, 26g carbohydrate, 17g total fat (5g saturated), 4g fibre, 450mg cholesterol, 760mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter