- ½ cup packed fresh coriander leaves
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 450g deveined prawns (16 to 20)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 cos lettuce hearts, chopped
- 350g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into sticks
- If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. Prepare grill or braai for direct grilling on medium-high.
- In a blender, puree coriander, sour cream, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Set this dressing aside.
- In a large bowl, combine prawns, oil, coriander, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, ⅛ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, tossing until well coated.
- Thread prawns, 1,25cm apart, on skewers. Grill or braai for 3 to 4 minutes or until prawns just turn opaque, turning over once. Transfer to a plate.
- In another large bowl, toss lettuce with half of dressing until well coated. Divide among 4 serving plates. In the same bowl, toss tomatoes and apple with half of remaining dressing until well coated. Place on lettuce with prawns. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Each Serving About 1 406kJ, 29g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 9g fibre, 10g sugar, 16g total fat, (4g saturated), 189mg cholesterol, 1 010mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter