- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 120g goats’-milk cheese
- salt and pepper
- 10 fresh figs, cut in half lengthwise
- 120g very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 140g mixed baby greens
- Prepare braai or grill for cooking on a medium heat.
- Mix thyme and fennel. Combine, in a bowl, with cheese, a pinch of salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Scoop 1 level teaspoon goats’-milk-cheese mixture onto cut side of 1 fig half. Repeat with remaining cheese and figs. Wrap 1 strip prosciutto around each fig, enclosing cheese. If prosciutto doesn’t stick to itself, secure with toothpicks.
- Grill figs for 2 to 3 minutes or until prosciutto is lightly charred and cheese is soft, turning over once.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk vinegar, honey, oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add greens; toss to coat.
- Remove toothpicks, if any. Divide greens and figs among serving plates.
Each Serving About 1 193kJ, 15g protein, 31g carbohydrate, 13g total fat (6g saturated), 4g fibre, 35mg cholesterol, 1 050mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter