FOR THE CRUST
- 1 packet ginger biscuits, crushed
- 75ml butter, melted
- 1 tbsp sugar
FOR THE FILLING
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp allspice
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Mix crust ingredients together until the texture resembles crumbs.
3. Press into the bottom of a pie dish and bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
4. Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until smooth.
5. Add pumpkin, eggs and spices, and beat until smooth and creamy.
6. Pour into the crust and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until the top turns a little darker.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to come to room temperature, then refrigerate.
8. Once thoroughly chilled, cut and serve.
TIPS: Add more or less spice depending on your preference. Serve with cream, crème fraîche or ice cream.