- 3 cups pumpkin, baked and mashed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix pumpkin and egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt, and mix to form a batter.
- Heat oil to a medium heat in a deep frying pan. Place tablespoonfuls of mixture into the hot oil. Fry on one side till golden brown (about two minutes) and then turn over. Repeat on the other side.
- Remove and drain the fritters on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle over the fritters. Repeat with remaining batter.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter