- 450g pork mince
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tbsp lower-sodium soya sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- 400g coleslaw mix
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tsp sugar
- 8 soft taco-size (20cm) flour tortillas
- 8 tsp hoisin sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine pork mince, sherry, 1 tablespoon soya sauce and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- In a 30cm frying pan, heat oil on medium-high until hot. Add pork mixture in a single layer and cook for 1 minute without stirring. Cook for 1 minute longer or until pork just loses its pink colour, stirring. Transfer pork to a large bowl.
- To the same frying pan, add garlic and chilli flakes, and cook for 10 seconds. Add sweet potato, coleslaw and water. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add spring onions, sugar, pork and remaining 1 tablespoon soya sauce, and cook for 1 minute longer, stirring.
- Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave on high for 1 minute or until tortillas are warm and pliable.
- To serve, spread 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce on each tortilla, divide pork mixture among tortillas and fold to eat by hand.
Each Serving About 2 790kJ, 45g protein, 70g carbohydrate, 21g total fat (6g saturated), 3g fibre, 96mg cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter