- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Asian chilli sauce
- 16 spring-roll rice-paper wrappers
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large pepper, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 5 cos-lettuce leaves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup grated raw beetroot mint and coriander leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk rice vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, chilli sauce and 1/4 cup hot water until sugar has dissolved; set aside.
- Add hot water to a large shallow dish and submerge 1 wrapper for 10 to 15 seconds to soften. Transfer to slightly damp surface and gently smooth out into a circle. Repeat with another wrapper, placing it on top of the first.
- Add a bit of each filling (about 1/8) to bottom third of wrappers and top with a few leaves. Fold bottoms of wrappers over filling, then gently roll and tuck wrappers over filling to cover. Fold in sides to seal, then roll until completely sealed.
- Repeat process until all fillings are used, keeping assembled rolls covered with a damp towel. (Can be prepared up to 2 hours in advance. Cover with a damp towel and plastic wrap.) Serve with dipping sauce.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter