- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups cake flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place raisins and water in a pot and heat until the raisins are plump. Remove from heat.
- Add oil to the raisin and water mixture.
- Beat together the sugar and egg in a bowl.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves together.
- Add sugar and egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix.
- Add raisins, water and oil, and mix.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes in a greased 23cm cake tin or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter