- 4 tbsp agave syrup, plus extra to stick
- 200g pecan nuts
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g dates, pitted
- 300g cashews (unsalted)
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract 400ml water
- 175g raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Use a little agave syrup as a glue to line a 20cm round springform cake tin with greaseproof paper. Put pecans and cinnamon into a food processor and whizz until ground. Add dates and process until the mixture resembles fine, damp rubble. Press half the mixture into the base of the prepared tin to make an even layer. (Cover and chill remaining mixture.)
- Prepare the raspberry swirl: blend raspberries and agave syrup until smooth, then push through a fine sieve to remove the seeds. (Discard seeds.) Set aside.
- For the filling, blend cashews and coconut for about 20 seconds until nuts are finely chopped. Add vanilla, 4 tbsp agave syrup and 400ml water. Continue blending until you have a thick, smooth consistency.
- Pour half the filling into the prepared tin and gently smoothen. (Cover and chill remaining filling.) Swirl over half the coulis (use a piping bag or plastic squeezy bottle for a neater finish), then gently marble through with a cutlery knife, making sure not to disturb the base. Freeze until solid – about 2 hours.
- When frozen, repeat base, filling and raspberry swirl with remaining mixtures. (If you have leftover raspberry purée, chill and serve alongside.) Cover tin loosely with clingfilm and freeze until solid.
- To finish, remove from the freezer, transfer to a serving plate and leave for 1 1/2 hours at room temperature to allow filling to soften. Serve in slices with extra raspberries, if you like.
EACH SERVING About 1 830kJ, 10g protein, 33g fat (8g saturated), 22g carbohydrate (17g total sugars), 5g fibre.
FREEZE AHEAD Make to end of step 5 up to a week ahead. Complete recipe to serve.