- 1 tbsp oil on medium-high.
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 340g green beans, trimmed and cut into 2,5cm lengths
- 340g shelled, deveined prawns
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 230g wide rice noodles, cooked
- Lime wedges and additional basil
- In a 30cm frying pan, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high.
- Add 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced; cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add 2 tbsp red curry paste; cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Whisk in 1 cup coconut milk and 2 tsp fish sauce.
- Stir in 340g green beans, trimmed and cut into 2,5cm lengths. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook, covered, for 8 minutes or until green beans are tender, stirring twice.
- Uncover; stir in 340g shelled, deveined prawns and 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves. Cook for 3 minutes or until prawns just turn opaque, stirring often.
- Toss 230g wide rice noodles, cooked, with curry. Serve with lime wedges and additional basil. Serves 6.
EACH SERVING: About 1 925kJ, 19g protein, 59g carbohydrate, 17g fat (11g saturated), 5g fibre, 1,3mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter