- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small, ﬁnely chopped onion
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- 250ml long-grain white rice
- 375ml water
- 1 cup peas
- In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil on medium. Add ½ small, ﬁnely chopped onion, ½ tsp ground cumin and ¼ tsp salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 250ml long-grain white rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in 375ml water and bring to boil on high. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup peas. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, then ﬂuff with a fork.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter