- 425g ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp sugar plus ⅓ cup sugar
- 2ml vanilla extract
- 8 (23cm) pancakes
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 907g ripe plums, pitted and each plum cut into 8 wedges
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 230 °C. Spray baking tray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir ricotta, 2 tbsp sugar, and vanilla extract until blended. Lay pancakes on work surface and spread scant ¼ cup ricotta mixture down centre of each crêpe.
- In cup, combine 1 tbsp sugar with ⅛ tsp cinnamon; sprinkle over ricotta filling. Fold pancakes in half to cover filling, then roll up tightly to enclose.
- Place pancakes on prepared baking tray; bake 5 minutes or until warm.
- Meanwhile, in 30cm frying pan, combine plums, orange juice, remaining sugar, and remaining cinnamon. Cook on medium-high for 4 to 5 minutes or until plums begin to soften and become juicy, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer or until plums are tender and juices have thickened.
- Serve pancakes topped with plums and their juices.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter