- 4 large slices sourdough bread
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp horseradish
- ½ cup roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup roasted-pepper relish
- 340g roast beef, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper (optional)
- ¼ small English cucumber, thinly sliced at an angle
- ¼ cup frisee lettuce, chopped
- Toast bread.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and horseradish.
- In another small bowl, mix together red pepper and relish.
- Spread sour-cream mixture on each slice of bread.
- Layer each with roast beef and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
- Top with relish, then cucumber slices and frisee.
EACH SERVING About 1 170kJ, 27g protein, 29g carbohydrate, 7g total fat (3g saturated), 2g fibre, 51mg cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter