- 1kg sweet potatoes, cut into 1,5cm chunks
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt (x2)
- 1 pork fillet (600g)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 medium head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
1. On a large rimmed baking tray, toss 1kg sweet potatoes, cut into 1,5cm chunks, with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt; roast at 230°C for 30 minutes.
2. In a deep 30cm frying pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium to high. Season 1 pork fillet (600g) with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Brown pork on all sides; transfer to baking tray with potatoes. Brush pork with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce; roast for 16 minutes or until cooked through.
3. To same frying pan on medium, add 1/2 medium head red cabbage, thinly sliced; 4 spring onions, thinly sliced; 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced; and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook for 12 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring. Stir in 1/4 cup cider vinegar.
4. Serve pork with potatoes and cabbage.
EACH SERVING: About 1 880kJ, 34g protein, 52g carbohydrate, 12g fat (3g saturated), 10g fibre.
‘ANY IDEAS FOR THE EXTRA CABBAGE?’ Quick-pickle it! Heat 1 1/2 cups white vinegar with 1 cup water, 3 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp salt. Pour over finely chopped cabbage and refrigerate for a day. It’ll keep for 2 weeks.