- 1kg butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, or 1 packet (600g) peeled butternut squash
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 600g Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 50g to 60g walnuts
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 14g Pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut butternut into 1,2cm chunks. In a 45cm x 30cm baking tray, toss butternut, shallots, 1 tablespoon of oil, ⅛ teaspoon of salt and ⅛ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper and coat evenly. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, with an adjustable blade slicer or a very sharp knife, cut Brussels sprouts crosswise into very thin slices.
- In a large bowl, toss sprouts, walnuts, lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil until well mixed. Spread on a serving platter. Top with the butternut mixture and Pecorino shavings.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter